Who writes the content for Let's Learn English?
In recent years there has been an explosion of web-based ELT writing. Much of this is free and a lot of it is of high quality. Yet, there has been a large increase in free ELT sites written by well-intentioned yet inexperienced teachers which has led to a lessening of the general quality of content available on the web. Let's Learn English has been created with the aim of redressing this balance by providing a one-stop site for English Language students and teachers who wish to access ELT content of the highest quality available. The website was set up by ex British Council teachers, with a strict set of criteria for the writing of content for the site. Writers must:
- be qualified to a minimum of RSA DELTA level in English teaching
- be practising teachers with a minimum of 10 years' experience
- have substantial experience in the areas about which they write - eg. writers of units on IELTS units must have had substantial teaching experience preparing students for the IELTS exam.
What is the Let's Learn English philosophy?
Let's Learn English aims to provide the following elements to students of English:
- Authentic content
- Plain, easy-to-understand explanations of grammar and lexis
- Graded vocabulary for explanations of grammar and lexis
- Thorough coverage of different structural and lexical areas
- Prompt responses to student questions within the Grammar Doctor facility
- Prompt marking of student compositions and spoken recordings
- A constantly increasing range of units, and exercise types